Coronavirus has had a vast impact on the mental health of people everywhere, including Southwest Florida. People of all ages are vulnerable and being challenged like never before by the pressure of living through a historic pandemic.
Join The News-Press, Naples Daily News and WGCU Public Media on Monday, Dec. 21 at 8 pm on WGCU PBS as we talk to those who have been impacted, as well as local experts who will share their unique perspectives and their advice on coping, treatment and where to go for help.
Other topics include the elderly population here and the challenges they face, how to cope with travel anxiety and what the new normal looks like at airports and on airplanes.
Julie Glenn, the news director for WGCU Public Media, is the host of “Under Pressure.”
Experts participating in the town hall:
- Dr. Alise Bartley, Director of the Community Counseling Center at FGCU
- Jase Ramsey (Ph. D.), associate professor, Department of Management, FGCU
- Dr. Paul Simeone, Vice President of Mental and Behavioral Health for Lee Health
- Christina Hansen, Psy. D., Licensed psychologist in private practice in Fort Myers
- Robert Lord and Vicki Einhorn from Atrium at Liberty Park in Cape Coral
- John Benbrook,Oasis Senior Advisors